Monday, February 13, 2012

Project 1: Self-Promotional Postcards [final images]

Below are my final images. In critique there were lots of suggestions for making my postcards some sort of gameboard. That just seemed way more childish than I wanted to go. Regardless, I played around with adding squares. I even moved them around to see if it would make the design more dynamic. I even attempted at making the squares circles or breaking up the obvious path. In the end, I curved the edges to make it less harsh. I think this flows better with the hand drawn art.

Regarding the art - I didn't change too much of them. I wanted them to be very informal and I really like how the text couples nicely with them. I changed some of the line thickness in order to make the drawings more uniform, but otherwise, I decided to go with my gut and leave what I liked most about my cards. Besides, they are representing me anyways!

I also added light scribbles to the background. This was my subtle way of breaking up the white space without overpowering what was important in my designs.

Again these are going to designers or potential employers. I wanted to show my snarky personality, while showing my processes and how I think. I think the "timelines" are very clear and give a great representation of who I am as a designer!









No comments:

Post a Comment