Monday, March 5, 2012

Project 2: Furniture Store Identity [Objectives]

Objectives:
·      Clean
·      Simple
·      Clearly demonstrates brand extension and problem solving
·      Represents brand

I am proud of this project and have enjoyed watching it’s progress. By keeping the color pallet simple, I really believe the designs are elegant, modern, sophisticated, and clean. I dialed down my use of the triangle to keep the clean feeling and to not take the power off of the logo.

What is great about my logo is the angle that I am able to play off of. This gives the brand a more edgy and modern feel and allows for multiple solutions outside of the boring horizontal and vertical. My brand has developed greatly beyond my first solutions. The brand has taken a told from actually showing the furniture in the logo, so allowing the name and the promotional materials to speak for themselves. I didn’t want it to be very obvious that Home Run was a furniture store, but I didn’t want it to be associated with baseball either. I think my solution has come across a simple solution that is modern and sophisticated. I also wanted room to be a little cutting edge, and the angles allow me to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment